Last updated: November 17, 2020
We do not store sensitive personal information such as passwords, etc. in the Cookies We use.
What are Cookies
A cookie file, also known as a “browser cookie”, is a small text file saved by a browser and associated with a specific server. Each time Your browser issues a request to a server, it adds the information saved on the specific files associated with that server to the request. Browser cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session cookies are deleted as soon as You close your web browser. Browser cookies are usually used for identifying users or saving their preferences. For more information please see What is a browser cookie on Wikipedia.
An application storage is a technology allowing browsers and applications to store information on a browser or device to be used later on. In a similar way to browser cookies, storage can be “Persistent” or “Session”. Storage is used in many ways, for example to cache information or remember preferences. For more information please see What is a web storage on Wikipedia. Note that Our Service may use a different technology than web storage, but with a similar concept.
A web beacon is a web request which is not originated by the user, and is automatically sent from a browser or an application to a server. Web beacons are usually used for notifying of users’ activity. For more information please see What is a web beacon on Wikipedia.
Type of Cookies We Use
We use both session and persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary / Essential Cookies Type: Session Cookies; Administered by: Us; Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and the Application and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts and help the Application save its state. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
- Functionality Cookies Type: Persistent Cookies; Administered by: Us; Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the Website and the Application, such as remembering your login details, wether to use the deal scanner when You search or Your privacy settings. These Cookies also allow us to save Your browsing history such as Your previous searches. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter information every time You use the Service.
- Tracking and Performance / Analytics Cookies Type: Persistent Cookies; Administered by: Third-Parties and Us; Purpose: These Cookies are used to track and analyze information about traffic to the Website and the Application as well as how users use them. The information gathered via these Cookies may directly or indirectly identify you as an individual visitor. This is because the information collected is typically linked to a pseudonymous identifier associated with the device you use to access the Website or for installing the Application. We may also use these Cookies to test new pages, features or new functionality of the Website and the Application to see how our users react to them.
When using the Website
When using the Website You can:
When using the Application
When using the Application You can:
- Disable search history by disabling it via the privacy settings page on the Application, but you will not be able to see Your previous searches nor to click on them to avoid retyping them.
- Disable analytics and other telemetry by disabling telemetry via the privacy settings page on the Application.
- Disable partner links by disabling it via the privacy settings page on the Application, but you will not be able to click on the links We provide in order to reach the store selling the item You have found. Instead You can open the store website and search the item there.
- Use an anonymous router and connect only via this router. For more information please see the Google search use anonymous router.
The privacy settings page on the Application is available if you click the Application main menu (the sign ☰) and than click “privacy”.